Academic Financial Economics Journal
Abandoned. 5-Page Summaries
including my personal views on meta-finance, professional ethics, economics, finance, etc.
http://fred-csv.info is a gateway URL to obtain FRED (Federal Reserve Economic Data) in a clean .csv file format, with one nice header line and dates converted to yyyymmdd format.
|Market - Rf||139% = 6%/year at 3.9% sd|
|HML||25% = 1.5%/year at 2.2% sd (note: 2016=23%!)|
|SMB||52% = 2.7%/year as 3.4% sd|
UCLA is the world's youngest top-20 university. It was founded only in the 20th century.
Don't miss my favorite site: Historical UCLA images →. In 1922, it looked like this from Pico Boulevard The P.E. track will become Santa Monica Blvd. The line of trees will become Beverly Glen. I also have the Anderson UCLA faculty facebook from 1991.
Interested to become a visiting scholar (or PhD student) at UCLA Anderson? Apologies, but we get more than 100 inquiries a year from researchers. I understand this very legitimate interest. Unfortunately, UCLA Anderson finance has virtually no resources [time, office space, administrative arrangements] to accomodate visitors. Unless you already work with someone here at UCLA, it is very unlikely that UCLA will be able to accomodate you.
Interested to have me join as a coauthor on a project? Apologies, but I really work only locally on papers with close friends. I don't accept invitations to join other teams, no matter how well meant such invitations are. The problem is that I am just too busy with all the many projects I already have committed to. Nowadays, I only have negative time left.
- Eric Falkenstein's Risk and Return explained →
- Roy F. Baumeister response to letter to the editor
- Axel Leijonhufvud's Life Among the Econ
- Hitler's Publication Problems →
- Christopher Walken as a an economic census taker on SNL. (NBC sometimes has it working, sometimes not.)
- Greg Hampikian, When May I Shoot A Student? →
- Colbert on Reinhart-Rogoff's → spreadsheet error
- Spurious Correlations →
- German finance faculty in the US.